St Peter’s, Peebles, and St Andrew’s, Innerleithen, are looking for a new full time Rector. Please note that we have now held interviews, and pray for God’s discernment as we move through the process of appointing our new Rector. For reference, we have left these details here until the process is completed.
- Are you a collaborative leader seeking to work with faithful, enthusiastic and willing congregations?
- Are you able to inspire people of all ages, from a wide range of traditions and theological perspectives?
- Are you passionate about building bridges between churches and their communities, creating opportunities to demonstrate God’s love?
If so, then you might be the person God is calling to be our new Rector. We are two congregations only six miles apart in the beautiful Scottish Borders, and we are praying for a new Rector who will work together with us to:
- Offer inspiring worship and thoughtful teaching to help us grow spiritually
- Build both our churches through our ethos of generous, inclusive hospitality
- Connect with our schools, local communities and other churches
- Increase our confidence in sharing faith and drawing people to Jesus
We can offer:
- A ministry team and two friendly congregations wanting to contribute and grow
- A relaxed openness to different styles of worship and a willing choir
- Two well-maintained church buildings and a large rectory in attractive Peebles
- A Scottish Episcopal Church Clergy Standard Stipend.
The appointment is subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Record Disclosure (Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007).
Closing Date: 21st October
Interview Date: 23rd November
Registered Charities No: SC002464 and SC022359